Living Hope Child Support Trust(L.H.C.S.T) is a Christian, child development, community development and non-profit charity organisations.
- L.H.C.S.T is registered in South Africa with the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development as a Charitable trust.
- Its registration number is IT000083/2015 ©.
- The trust functions in three service delivery programmes namely Child development, Relief and Community development.
COMMUNITIES IN OVERSTRAND
The communities in the Overstrand have been affected by the Human Immunol-deficiency Virus [HIV ].
- Its impact on children and families are devastating.
- Children confront stigmatisation, lack of love and rejection.
- Children and families suffer from malnutrition, hunger and poverty.
- A lot of children are dropping out from school and go to the streets where they engross themselves into drug abuse, women and children abuse.
- We thus envision a community of practice in which orphans and vulnerable children, the poor, the marginalised, people infected and affected with HIV/AIDS are free from malnutrition, hunger, poverty and injustice.
Living Hope Child Support Trust identified the urgency to address the above-mentioned problems.
To restore hope to the hopeless people.
To reduce human suffering, poverty, hunger, social ills and injustice, look deep into the plight of orphans and vulnerable children.
OUR CORE VALUES
• Love and compassion
• To build the resilience of children
• To provide care and support to vulnerable groups
• Holistic prevention of HIV
• To provide psycho-social support
• To provide relief to people affected by disasters
• To equip young people with peace building skills
• To strengthen the capacity of the trust to manage, monitor, implement and evaluate its programmes efficiently and effectively.